A diet rich in yogurt, vegetables, and fruit is good for your health!
Yogurt has long been associated with many benefits like improved digestion and longevity. Modern scientific research has found the following benefits from eating yogurt (1):
- Improves digestion
- Stimulates the Immune system
- Helps you feel fuller
- Is more nutritious than plain milk
- Prevents Osteoporosis
- Reduces the risk of High Blood Pressure
- Has Anticancer effects in gastrointestinal tract
Not only is yogurt good for you, but a diet rich in plant products such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains is one of the 5 golden rules to prevent chronic diseases like Type-2 Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cancer and Stroke between 70 and 90% (2)
Yogurt is also associated with healthy lifestyles, healthier nutritional status and diabetes prevention.
As one study concluded: “…one yogurt a day seems just perfect to everyone.”
(1) Chandan, Ramesh “Manufacturing Yogurt and Fermented Milks” 2006
(2) Drs. Béliveau and Gingras “Eating Well, Living well” 2006